Last Updated March 31, 2020
At Lake Superior Consulting (LSC), we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
We are proud to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, by complying with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the regulations thereunder (“PIPEDA”).
- What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, telephone number, facsimile number, e-mail address, age, gender, marital status, financial status, credit card information and credit history. Personal Information, however, does not include your name, business title, business address, business telephone number, business facsimile number and business e-mail address in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you complete a feedback form on our website in order to communicate with us). We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Where do we store your Personal Information?
We will keep the Personal Information that we collect at the Lake Superior Consulting offices or at the offices of our third party service providers, as applicable.
- How do we use your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “ Purposes”):
- to respond to questions, comments or concerns regarding Lake Superior Consulting;
- to update any product information that we have provided to you previously;
- to communicate with you about our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to Lake Superior Consultings’ operations;
- to recruit for positions in Lake Superior Consulting;
- to investigate legal claims;
- to administer the Lake Superior Consultig website;
- such purposes for which Lake Superior Consulting may obtain consent from time to time; and
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
- To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
We identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure.
For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes – such as service providers that provide computer support including data storage or processing.
Generally, we will only make disclosures of Personal Information to such persons for which you provide your consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may also make disclosures of Personal Information to a potential acquiror in connection with a transaction involving the sale of some or all of the business of Lake Superior Consulting (in which case the use of your personal information by the new entity would continue to be limited by applicable law), or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
In addition, we may send Personal Information outside of the country for the purposes set out above, including for processing and storage by service providers in connection with such purposes. However, you should note that to the extent that any Personal Information is out of the country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
- When and how do we obtain your consent?
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
- How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
- How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
- How can you review your Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed?
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We will make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
- How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary.
- What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
- How fast will we respond to your written requests?
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the federal Privacy Commissioner in respect of this time limit.
- How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
- What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees, who are granted access to your Personal Information, are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
By e-mail: info@LSConsulting.com
- Lake Superior Consulting
- Attn: Privacy Officer
- 130 West Superior Street
- Duluth, MN 55802
- United States